The Position Size Calculator is a powerful tool you can use to research new & current cryptocurrencies.
And it only takes three steps! Simply tell us..
- The position you wish to invest in.
- How much you are willing to risk or invest.
- What your exit strategy is.
NOTE: By “Risk”, we mean how much money you are willing to lose on this position if things don’t work out as planned. Our definition of risk is not how much money you are investing on the position in total.
Once you decide these three things, the Position Size Calculator will calculate the amount you can invest up to, in order to meet your risk tolerance.
The Position Size calculator can be accessed by taking the following steps:
- Click the Research tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Click on Position Size (2) in the submenu.
Choosing the Right Position Size
We’ll look at each section individually to show you how important this tool can be and how you can put it to work immediately.
In the first section, we are going to Identify the Position
- Enter the symbol of the cryptocurrency of interest (1).
- Enter the Entry Price per unit (2), or price you expect to pay to purchase the position.
For the second section, the amount that we are entering is the amount of money we are willing to lose on this trade.
- Choose to analyze by risk (3) and select the risk amount (4) or enter a custom amount.
Now comes the fun part. This is where we determine how many units we can buy of a position.
We have several choices so let’s see how each decision we make determines how many units we can buy.
- Click to select your exit strategy (5).
- The default decision in the third section is to use the Volatility Quotient as our trailing stop loss. The Volatility Quotient represents the normal volatility of any cryptocurrency.
- The second choice allows you to enter a percentage-based trailing stop.
- The third option is to choose the price that you want to use as your stop.
- The last option is to use the Crypto State Indicator Stop Loss setting. This is based on the most recent high of the cryptocurrency.
- Click the Calculate button (6), and the results will display below.
- The Print Button will send the results to your printer or selected device (1).
- Review the Investable Amount (2) and number of units (3) you can invest based on the information you entered, and the current stop price (4). This is the maximum investment amount based on your risk tolerance.
NOTE: You do not have to invest the full amount that is quoted here, but in order to keep within your risk tolerance, you should not invest more than this amount.