Closing a position instead of deleting it will keep a record of your gains and losses on your “closed positions” page.
To manually close an entire position that has been sold, take the following steps:
- Click the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Positions tab (2).
- Select the box on the row of the position you would like to close (3).
- Click Close Position (4).
- The Close Position window will display as follows:
- Enter/edit the Close Date (1). It will default to today’s date.
- Enter the Close Price (2).
- Enter the Transaction Fee, if applicable (3).
- Click the OK button (4), and the position will be moved to the Closed Positions page.
NOTE: Closing an entire position deletes all alerts added to the position and increases the number of available alerts.