Closing a position instead of deleting it will keep a record of your gains and losses on your “closed positions” page.
To close an entire position that has been sold, take the following steps:
- First, click on the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Next, click on the Positions tab (2).
- Then, click the triangle in the Actions column (3).
- Select Close Position (4)
The Close Position window will display as follows:
- Enter/edit the Close Date. It will default to today’s date.
- Next, enter the Close Price.
- Then, enter the Fee, if applicable.
- Click the OK button, and the position will be moved to the Closed Positions page.