It is easy to manually close positions.
To close a position that has been partially sold, take the following steps:
- Click the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Next, click the Positions tab (2).
- Then, click the downward-pointing triangle in the Actions column (3).
- Click Close (4).
- The Close window will display as follows:
- Enter/Edit the Close Date. It will default to today’s date.
- Next, enter the Close Price.
- Then enter the Fee, if applicable.
- Click to place a check mark in the Partial Close box
- Enter the number of units to Sell
- Click the OK button.
Once completed, the existing position will be updated to subtract number of sold units. The sold units can be found on the Closed Positions page.