Take the following steps to manually add positions in Simple Mode.
- Click the Positions & Alerts tab (1) in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Make sure you are in the portfolio that needs the new position (2).
- Click the Add Position button (3).
- Select the portfolio (1) where the position will be saved.
- Enter the symbol (2).
TIP: If a symbol is not in CryptoTradeSmith’s database, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the symbol, cryptocurrency name, and the exchange. A request does not guarantee a cryptocurrency will be added.
- Enter the Entry Date (3) when you purchased the cryptocurrency.
- Enter the Entry Price (4) you paid per unit for the cryptocurrency.
NOTE: If you don’t know the entry price, click the Get Quote button to retrieve the closing price* for your Entry Date. The Entry Price can be edited.
- Enter the number of units purchased (5).
- Enter a Fee (6) if any fees were incurred for the transaction (optional).
- Select the desired alert for your position (7).
NOTE: You can add more alert types through templates. Click here.
- Click “Save and Add More” to keep adding positions, or click “Save and Close” if no more positions need to be added (8).
* “Close Price” represents the price of the cryptocurrency as of 7pm Eastern Time (ET). Close prices are updated in the program by 8pm ET. Currently, Alerts are based on Latest Close. Gains and Portfolio details are based on Latest Price.